!Hola Espana! Join us for a 10 day creative journey through Spain.
Our sketching tour is designed for beginners and experienced sketchers alike. Travel in a safe, fun, relaxed and encouraging group with a native Catalan guide and a kiwi sketch tutor.
Your visual journey begins in Barcelona, makes it's way to Valencia and finally Sevilla. Every day we will experience and sketch famous landmarks as well as the less-crowded streets, patios, plazas and cafes that make Spain such a sought-after destination.
Plenty of time will be allowed for sketching, exploring, relaxing, making friends and immersing yourself in inspiring destinations with the added bonus of creating your own sketchbook overflowing with memories.
Of course it's not all about sketching. Spanish cuisine and wines are world-famous, we'll try regional tapas and dishes such as paella in their native habitat – all very “sketch-able” and delicious!
2Ways travel take out the rush, the hassle and language issues and ensure you travel in comfort and style.
"The stress was removed, by 2WAYS, meaning I could just sketch and have fun.
I felt that there had been such effort made in selecting places to stay, sites to visit, travel et al, faultless. The friendliness, helpfulness and knowledge, from both Amelia and Ellen was fantastic.
It was relaxing, to travel, and not have to plot and plan all the aspects myself. The stress was removed, by 2WAYS, meaning I could just sketch and have fun.
They were always attentive to the groups’ needs and went out of their way to accommodate us all. I would certainly recommend 2WAYS services." – Vivienne Lingard
From a sketching point of view...
Murray will give us daily sketching tutorials to help you capture the magic atmosphere and experience of Spain. You will be amazed at how much you can achieve when travelling with an attentive teacher looking after you.
Our daily routine is made of a 45-minute daily structured travel sketching class in the morning at hotel (9-10am); live hands-on sketching guidance at iconic destination (10am – 12pm); personal interaction with sketch tutor during free style sketching in the afternoon or evening.
Murray will help you:
• to unleash your creative potential exploring the art of urban sketching
• the concepts and techniques for seeing and sketching on location
• how to train your mind, eye and hand coordination to do your own style of sketching
• the perspective of landscapes, churches, towers, skylines, streets, plazas, balconies
• people and movements (flamenco dancers, singers or guitarist)
• how to tackle complex scenes with colour pencils, ink pens, watercolours or markers
• how to colour with varied materials to create fun and original travel pages
• different techniques that reflect your tastes and unique personality
• to experience the transformation from a novice sketcher to be a confident one
This small group size encourages a special bond as sketchers is learning and improving their sketching technics while developing your own style. There is no better gift to bring back home – your completed travel sketchbook to remember your Spain holiday trip.
Your tour director – Amelia Homs
Amelia, our experienced tour director, is originally from Barcelona and has been living in New Zealand for 15 years. She speaks not only English but also Catalan, Spanish and other regional dialects, like Valencian (used in Valencia) and Andalusian (spoken in Sevilla). She has a wide range of travelling experience around Spain.
She is a sketcher and a photographer. She knows the best views and places to get amazing perspectives and incredible scenes, and the timing to make sure you don’t miss that special moment. Amelia will share her immersion in Spanish history and culture; the important places, people and their interesting anecdotes and myths.
And last but not least, cuisine is her other passion, so we will be always well guided on where to dine and what to taste while on tour.
Amelia will ensure you get:
• Exposure to the rich Moorish, Catalan and Spanish cultures
• Absorb interesting facts and stories that make your sketchbook meaningful
• Identify symbols and icons that are unique to Barcelona, Valencia and Sevilla
• Taste authentic delicious paella, tapas, wines, beers, special drinks
• Appreciate the flamenco – the passion, sensuality, tension, energy
• Feel safe and well looked after all the way through the sketching journey
• Eliminate guesswork, language barriers and stresses of travel in Spain
“My sketching improved markedly, from a pretty modest base. Amelia showed us places and tastes that we would have never found on our own. Everything was extremely well organised. We had many wonderful experiences. We learned a lot, both about sketching and Catalonia, Valencia and Andalusia.
Amelia and Ellen did a wonderful job of showing us places and tastes that we would have never found on our own. They went far beyond what I would expect most travel agents or guides would do to make it memorable for us.
My sketching improved markedly, from a pretty modest base. It was great fun and we had a wonderful crew. So I would give this trip my heartiest recommendation." – Peter Wilson
For more information including reviews of previous trips visit...