Let's Sketch Backwards Workshop
Learn how paint markers and focussing on big shapes first can transform your sketches.
• Learn to identify positive or negative space to push your subject forward
• Let go of the pencil and work backwards with blocks of colour, adding detail last
• Explore framing your subject by blocking the negative space with opaque colour in loose strokes
• Become comfortable with the application of opaque markers – (Posca or Molotow or similar)
• Avoid white page fright with tinted pages.
Ellen Melville Centre, 2 Freyberg Place, Auckland Central
Date and time:
1pm to 4pm, 20 July 2019
Bring opaque media and tinted sketchbooks if you have them, however tinted papers and a range of markers will be supplied to work with. Your usual drawing and watercolour tools will be useful also.
Number of students:
Minimum 7 people, maximum 15 people.
$45 NZD bank payment or on the day.
Contact Murray to book.